Santorini is a stunning Cycladic island that lives up to the saying, “Sometimes you’ve got to go through hell to get to heaven” by Dean Karnazes. Devastated by a deadly volcanic eruption in 16th century BC, the island was forever molded into its unique & rugged landscape.
Located in the Aegean Sea, the island of Santorini offers breath-taking beauty of Greece. Known for its ridiculously scenic cliffs to cubical whitewashed buildings and mesmerizing calderas, Santorini is an absolute heaven on earth.The Isle’s tranquil sunrise & sunsets will definately set that romantic mood for you and your partner.
BEST TIME TO VISIT SANTORINI
The best time to visit Santorini is from September to October and April to May when the weather is warm and the crowds are scarce.
Keeping in mind Santorini is an Island it can be pretty cold and windy. January and February are the coldest months in Greece but the temperature is neither below 0, nor does it snow there.
HOW TO GET TO SANTORINI FROM INDIA?
The best way to get to Santorini is by taking a direct flight to Athens (Greece capital) from New Delhi and then you can take either a 5-8hrs ferry or a 45mins direct flight to Santorini. Click here for bookings.
HOW TO GET TO SANTORINI?
The best way to get to Santorini is to fly to a major European city and then you can take a direct flight to Santorini to Athens (Greece’s capital) and then you have 2 options :
45mins direct flight
Check Santorini tour packages here
BEST PLACES TO STAY IN SANTORINI –
Towns like Fira, Oia, Imerovigli, Firostefani will give you the most picturesque views of sunsets, volcano and caldera.
Almost all the best hotels in Santorini are located in these towns.
Best Santorini Luxury Hotels – GRACE | KATIKIES
If you’re staying on budget then you can save money staying and eating at places back from the caldera edge. The cheap hotels in Santorini are quite nice but they don’t offer volcanic views.
BEST HOTELS IN SANTORINI, GREECE
- Best hotels in Fira : Athina Luxury Suites | Aria Suites | Cosmopolitan Suites | Katikies Garden
- Best hotels in Oia : Katikies | Katikies Kirini | Canaves Suites
- Best hotels in Imerovigli : Grace | Astra Suites | Iconic Santorini
- Best hotels in Firostefani : Tsitouras Collection | Homeric Poems | Belvedere | Dana Villas & Infinity Suites
Best Honeymoon Hotels in Santorini :
- Cosmopolitan Suites – Fira
- Kaitikies – Oia
- Kaitikies Kirini – Oia
- Cavo Tagoo
- Sophia Luxury Suites – Imerovigli
Best Cheap Hotels in Santorini :
- Fira – San Giorgio Villas ( no view ) | Costa Marina Villa ( caldera view )
- Oia – Zoe Aegeas ( caldera view ) | Anemomilos ( no view ) | Strogili ( caldera view)
- Imerovigli – Merovigliosso ( no view ) | Kasimatis Studios ( caldera view)
- Firostefani – Hotel Sophia ( no view ) | Agali Houses ( caldera view)
BEST RESTAURANTS IN SANTORINI :
- Candouni – Oia
- Roka – Oia
- Ammoudi Fish Taverna – Ammoudi
- Athenian House -Imerovigli
- La Maison – Imerovigli
- Avocado – Imerovigli
- Argo – Fira
- Naoussa – Fira
- Ouzeri – Fira
- Lucky’s Souvlaki – Fira
- Metaxi Mas – Exo Gonia
- Cava Alta – Pyrgos
BEST BARS IN SANTORINI, GREECE
- PK Cocktail ( have a drink while overlooking at the stunning caldera )
- Tropical ( you can enjoy a drink with a stunning sunset )
- Kira Thira Jazz Bar ( best pick for jazz lovers )
- Two Brothers ( fun, crazy and friendly )
- Koo Bar ( shake it off / dance club )
- Hassapiko ( known as Mary Kay, it is the only true bar in Oia )
GARGOTI : THE MINERAL MUSEUM
Hey guys! I’m Madhushree and this blog is about my home country and really close to my hometown Nashik, so I’m super excited to share my personal experience with you’ll. Gargoti is a place which will run chills down your spine as you walk in the museum, and not just talking about the air conditioning…
Top 5 ISLANDS IN MALDIVES
MALE ISLAND Traditionally a King’s Island, Male is now the capital of Maldives. Known for its divine mosques and colourful building, Male is simply breath-taking. Along with its natural beauty, Male Island is a nest to one of man’s most exquisite creation – An artificial beach where you can venture tons of thrilling water sports…
BEST TRAVEL DESTINATION IN 2021 Hello everyone! If you are intrested in learning what awaits you in the Maldives you did a right thing by clicking on this site. Lets begin with the introduction: What is in the Maldives? The Maldives consists of 1192 tiny islands scattered across the Indian Ocean. Only 185 of these…